|About the StayArlington e-Newsletter!
StayArlington is a monthly publication designed to keep Arlington's hospitality community – hotels, attractions, restaurants and shops – completely up-to-date on news, events and resources that will help our visitors have the best possible experience in Arlington. Visit us today at www.stayarlington.com.
Several Arlington Hotels Wrapping Up Major Renovations
Thank you to all hotels that provided details on recent renovations for possible mention in an upcoming article in Meetings Focus East magazine. Although the full descriptions provided by each property were forwarded to the reporter, here’s a brief summary:
- Courtyard by Marriott Crystal City - A major lobby renovation incorporates the brand’s new Refreshing Business lobby concept. A complete dining redesign includes The Bistro-Eat. Drink. Connect. plus The MarketTM, a 24/7 shop for snacks, beverages and sundries.
- Crystal Gateway Marriott - In the final stages of a multi-million dollar lobby renovation, the hotel announced the addition of Einstein Bagels, opening in late summer and providing signature coffee, bagels, sandwiches and more daily from around 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Crystal City Marriott - BELL20, a New American Tavern, features Chef Parnell Morton’s take on American comfort food and classic British pub fare, and marks the first stage of the hotel’s $6 million renovation and revitalization to its lobby, meeting space and concierge lounge.
- Holiday Inn Arlington Ballston - Newly-renovated Silver Leaf Restaurant features prime steaks, regional seafood specialties, build-your-own burgers and more. The serene space has abundant natural light and includes a rotating collection of fine art from the Arlington Artists Alliance.
- Hyatt Regency Crystal City - Completing a total hotel transformation including guest rooms, meeting spaces and public spaces, the reinvented lobby has stunning marble floors, exciting lighting and displays, and a guest-friendly front desk with several self-check-in stations.
- Sheraton Crystal City Hotel - All 16,000sf of meeting space have an updated, earth-toned palate, including the 4,000sf foot sunlit Grand Ballroom Atrium, Grand Ballroom, and 5 nearby breakout rooms. The new Executive Board Room’s permanent conference table has ports connected to the 60” LCD screen.
Check Out the NEW StayArlington Website!
As you may have noticed, the Arlington Convention and Visitors Service “soft-launched” the new StayArlington website last month. Due to a few remaining technical issues being resolved, an “official” announcement of the launch is pending. However, the site is operating at 100 percent for you and all others who visit it. At your earliest opportunity, take a look at this dynamic, state-of-the-art destination marketing site that’s designed for maximum appeal to business and leisure travelers and meeting professionals. You’ll find extensive information on Arlington hotels, shopping, dining and cultural activities, as well as on Washington, D.C.-area attractions and events. You’ll also see the exciting new booking and packaging capabilities available to us through ARES Travel Network’s advanced reservations technology. More details to come shortly on how your business can be featured to the fullest degree on the StayArlington website!
Photos Needed ASAP for StayArlington Website and Marketing Materials. . .Showcase Your Business for FREE to Arlington Visitors!
The adage “A picture is worth a thousand words” is especially true when promoting your business. So take advantage of this FREE opportunity to have a photo of your hotel, store, restaurant or other local establishment featured with your listing on the new StayArlington website, and occasionally in StayArlington printed materials. All you need to do is email a high-resolution photograph (300 dpi or better in a .jpg file format) to ACVS Acting Marketing Manager Courtney Cacatian at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to call Courtney at (703) 228-0877.
Register now for the Next Arlington Concierge College Session on August 11, Highlighting Clarendon and Courthouse
Register here for the next session of the Arlington Concierge College, scheduled for Thursday, August 11, from 1 to 5 p.m. This free, quarterly educational program for Arlington concierges and guest-services personnel will give you the latest and greatest info on the stores, restaurants, events and attractions of Clarendon and Courthouse. If you have questions, please contact Monica Cannon, Visitor & Convention Services Manager, at email@example.com or (703) 228-0874.
Find out what's on stage at Artisphere, Signature Theatre, Synetic Theater, Washington Shakespeare Company and more!
Start your Monday mornings off right with yoga in Crystal City
Browse the Clarendon Farmers Market Wednesday evenings through October
Relax and have some wine while listening to jazz in Shirlington Thursday evenings through August
Attend the Next Cafe Scientifique on August 2: Minorities in STEM – a Social Science Perspective
YTD – 124,166 pageviews
Through June 2011
|Lodging Occupancy Rates
||Through June 2011
-1.0% over same period of 2010
|Average Room Rates
||Through June 2011
-1.1% over same period of 2010
|Revenue per Available Room (RevPAR)
||Through June 2011
-2.1% over same period of 2010
Attention Hotel Sales Teams!
Add value for your meeting and group clients by taking advantage of our FREE on-site, staffed hospitality desk! On a first-come, first-served basis, ACVS will provide guest assistance at your hotel for meetings and groups of 50 attendees or more. Call Monica Cannon at (703) 228-0874, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange for up to four hours of service during a group’s peak check-in time. We’ll provide dining, shopping and entertainment recommendations, transportation information, event registration assistance and more.
Help Us Promote You!
Send us your events and "hot deals" and we’ll feature them on our events calendar, in seasonal marketing promotions, and in our e-Newsletter.
E-mail the Editor with the date, time, location, and a 20-word description of your event!